Philip Ottaviani's Blog
Ready to acquire your dream house? Before you embark on a home search, it often helps to establish a homebuying wish list. That way, you can narrow your house search and discover your dream home without delay.
Now, let's take a look at three factors to consider as you craft your homebuying wish list.
1. Home Size
Home sizes vary. As such, you'll want to consider your living situation closely to ensure you can find a house in a size that suits you perfectly.
Remember, a three-bedroom house may be too big for a single person. Much in the same vein, a one-bedroom home is unlikely to meet the needs of a family of five. But if you consider your living situation ahead of time, you can determine what size home to buy.
2. Home Location
Do you want to own a house that is located just minutes from your office in the city? Or, would you prefer a home in a small town? Think about where you want to live, and you can tailor your home search accordingly.
Keep in mind that home prices will vary based on location. Oftentimes, houses in or near major cities are more expensive than similar homes in small towns. At the same time, homes close to top schools or attractions may prove to be more expensive than others.
3. Home Exterior and Interior Features
Consider the home exterior and interior features that you want – you'll be glad you did. If you evaluate home exterior and interior must-haves, you can create priorities as you search for your dream house.
For instance, buying a house that features a central air unit may be a top priority if you plan to relocate to a warm-weather region. On the other hand, you might want to purchase a house that features an in-ground swimming pool, but you can live without this outdoor amenity if necessary.
A homebuying wish list is essential, regardless of where you choose to pursue houses. In addition, if you require extra help as you get ready to enter the housing market, you may want to employ a real estate agent.
With a real estate agent at your side, you can boost your chances of acquiring a top-notch house at a budget-friendly price. A real estate agent will allocate the necessary time and resources to learn about your homebuying goals. Then, this housing market professional can help you streamline your home search.
Furthermore, a real estate agent will provide expert assistance throughout the homebuying journey. He or she will set up home showings, help you submit offers on homes and handle homebuying negotiations. And if you ever have homebuying questions, a real estate agent is happy to respond to them at any time.
Make your dream of purchasing a home come true – consider the aforementioned factors, and you can create a wish list to help you accomplish your homebuying goals.
52 B Nixon, Framingham, MA 01701
52 B Nixon, Framingham, MA 01701
Like any house hunting wish list, certain items take precedence over others. A lot depends on your lifestyle, the age of your family members, and even your health. If, for example, you need to visit your doctor regularly or pick up prescriptions every other week, living a short distance from a pharmacy and medical offices will make your life a lot easier.
Since grocery shopping is something everyone does at least once a week, finding a home within ten to 15 minutes of a supermarket will save you time and gas money. Your real estate agent or listing agent should be able to give you a good rundown of nearby amenities -- but you'll be better able to evaluate those conveniences if you have a clear idea of what's important to you and your family.
- Transportation: Short commutes to work are high on most people's house-hunting "wish lists." City dwellers often need to be a short walk from bus stops, subway stations, and other modes of public transportation. Frequent travelers prefer a short drive to local airports, train stations, and major highways.
- School district: Whether your children walk to school or take a bus, proximity to schools can be a very desirable feature. That's especially true if they're running late in the morning or participating in after-school programs.
- Daycare: Working couples with babies and preschool children are often dependent on friends, relatives, or commercial daycare facilities to keep a watchful eye on their kids while they're at work. With busy schedules and hectic lifestyles, having a caregiver who's just a short distance away can make your daily routine much less stressful.
- Fitness and recreation: It's all-too-easy to ignore our need for regular exercise when the nearest public park, golf course, or tennis court is 45 minutes away. However, when your home is located just a stone's throw away from walking paths, biking trails, and fitness facilities, you'll have much more of a tendency to stay healthier and more active.
- Houses of Worship: While everyone is different when it comes to religion, proximity to the church, synagogue, or mosque of your choice can be a major convenience factor.
- Banking: Although more and more banking tasks can be done online, having access to a nearby ATM is sometimes a necessity!